Donate Now – Every bit helps!
Annual Spay/Neuter Campaign Donations
We are planning our ANNUAL spay/neuter, vaccination, and wellness campaign for the dogs and cats in Rancho Viejo, located on the continental zone of Isla Mujeres, December 1 – 5, 2017. We cannot do this without your generous donations and support. Click here for more information and to make a donation. Together we can make a BIG DIFFERENCE!
One Time & Monthly Donations
Isla Animals is a 501C3 organization founded in 2001. We are 100% funded by donations and the generosity of unpaid volunteers. We have rescued over 5,400+ dogs since 2001 and are dedicated to decreasing the unwanted pet population on Isla Mujeres through on-going spay/neuter programs, education, vaccinations, and adoption.
Only with your help can this wonderful work continue.
Please consider a monthly donation, it’s easy to set up and Isla Animals has a pressing need for a budget that they can depend on. To set up a monthly donation, click the button below, enter your desired donation amount and check the “Make this recurring” box on the Paypal screen. You can also make a secure one-time donation by leaving the boxed unchecked.
We are always in need of basic supplies such as flea and tick medication & shampoo, collars, leashes, food, bowls, toys, etc. Medical supplies are in great demand as well as they lower our operating costs greatly thereby increasing the number of animals we can reach. See the list below for medical and non medical supplies we can use.
Be sure to visit our Wish List on Amazon.com
Medical Supplies Needed:
- Syringes 1 cc, 3 cc, 5 cc
- Surgical blades – #15, #11
- Surgical gloves- STERILE- sizes 6.5 to 8.5
- The suture that we use has to be the best that we can get. These animals go back to the streets or into dirt, backyards where there is rarely any follow up care. If there is a problem with infection, these animals will suffer, so we are asking for the best suture material,
0-0 PDS, absorbable
2-O PDS, absorbable
3-O PDS, absorbable
The above sutures need a 1/2 curved cutting surgical suture needle
Reels of the same type of suture are also great, we can swag on our own needles.
- Surgical instruments
- Spay hooks, all sizes
- Sterile drape, also anything made out of drape material that we can cut and sterilize
- Betadyne hand scrub
- Prevails Betadyne scrubs #20
- Sterile gauze
- IV sets – microdrip and macrodrip
- IV catheters – 20 guage, 22 guage, 24 guage
- Needles 18 – 23 gauge
- Triple antibiotic eye ointment
- Antibiotics: Injectable long acting amoxycillin, cephalexin, ketoconazole, doxycycline 100 ml. tabs
Non Medical Supplies Needed:
- Leashes and collars
- Food dishes
- Animal Vitamins – especially puppy vitamins or supplemental gels
- Eye drops
- Ear cleaner
- Ear drops
- Fungal cream and anti-biotic creams like neosporin
- Clipper blades #40 or #10
- Tweezers and scissors
- Cotton balls
- Duct tape and tarps
- Cages – hard or soft for transporting animals as carry on
- Non-sterile gauze
You can drop off supply donations in 2 locations on Isla Mujeres.
At our clinic at Hacienda Mundaca in La Gloria, TUESDAY & THURSDAY 10am – 4pm or at Marina Paraiso Hotel Reception 7 days a week 7am – 11pm.